There will be a history weekend in Oakhanger from 21st to 22nd May 2011. It will be located at the Methodist Centre in Butterton Lane (B5077 – Haslington to Alsager Road) which will be open from 11:00am to 4:30pm on Saturday and 11:30am to 4:30pm on Sunday.
- The history of Oakhanger dates back over 750 years.
- May 2011 celebrates the 100th anniversary of the sale of the Delves Broughton estate which covered much of Oakhanger
- The mosses are a Site of Special Scientific Interest and were drained to create more farm land.
- Hear about the highwaymen and robbers who frequented the area
- Church history dates back to the early 1800s. The display will include the history of Methodism in the area as well as the school and Anglican church of St Luke’s
- A display of The Oakhanger Project will also be featured (see here)
- Refreshments on sale all weekend