Unauthorised Encampment – What Can You Do?

The Government defines unauthorised encampments as ‘encampments of caravans and/or other vehicles on land without the landowner or occupier’s consent and constituting trespass’.

Unauthorised encampments fall into two main categories:

  • those on land owned by local authorities (highways, schools, public parks and car parks)
  • those on privately owned land.

An unauthorised development refers to a caravan/trailer or group of caravans/trailers on land owned (possibly developed) by Gypsies and Travellers without planning permission.

The quickest and easiest way is to report this online.

The service is provided Cheshire-wide and the reporting facility is on the Cheshire West and Chester website.

To report online follow this link and click the green button:


See also further details below:

[pdf-embedder url=”http://www.haslington.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/OOH-flow-chart.pdf”]