Planning Consultant for Haslington Parish Council
Haslington Parish Council consists of three villages Haslington, Winterley and Oakhanger and has a population of over 6000 residents plus small to medium size business operators. In recent times we have been facing developers looking to build on our traditional green fields and open countryside. Whilst the Parish Council is not opposed to development and people’s housing needs we want it to be fair to the current residents and in keeping with our Parish Council? In 2016 we started the process of the Neighbourhood Plan and will soon be moving into phase 2 of the consultation.
In December 2016 the Parish Council made a decision that it wished to recruit on a freelance bases a planning consultant to help inform the Parish Council of actions to take with planning applications. An average month sees a minimum of 2 planning applications coming into the Parish Council ranging from tree felling to large scale development and it is these that often need a response from a qualified planning consultant.
We are looking for interested parties to submit an expression of interest stating experience and cost against the following specifications:
1. Attendance at Public Hearings or equivalent day rate and hourly.
2. Report to state of submission by Chair of Planning for planning application of no more than 5 dwellings
3. Report to state of submission by Chair of Planning for planning applications of 6 – 10 dwellings
4. Report to state of submission by Chair of Planning for planning applications 10 dwellings and over.
5. To lead and delivery the Neighbourhood Plan to referendum stage.
Or alternatively to provide a set sum for a year’s support to the Parish Council detailing what that would include.