Last updated on May 26, 2020
DISCOUNT CARDS – We must now be approaching 200 issued. Any local businesses out there OR you have a business and live in the Parish feel free to join. Iain will be at the Yoxall again next Thursday 12th March 5:45 to 6:30 to issue more cards.
If you live in Winterley your local councillors Howard and Alison have cards, in Oakhanger Yvonne has some.
Iain Goodwin at the Yoxall Hall between 5:45pm and 6:30pm on Thursday 5th March.
The discount card scheme will commence on Monday the 24th of February. Cards will be available for collection from Iain Goodwin in the small hall of the Yoxall at the following times:
- February 24th from 5:45 – 6:30pm
- February 27th from 5pm – 6pm
Other dates to follow. Iain will also hand them out when he’s around the village. We are also looking to have them available in Oakhanger on the 29th.
Cards will be dropped off at Neighbours Network.
Please bring an envelope or similar, confirming your address at the time of collection. No details will be taken or recorded. No problem collecting for a friend.
Here are the participating businesses so far:
- A. Beresford:- Fencing, Patios, Paving, Groundwork – 10% (07835383959)
- ACR Roofing:- 10% (07720276699)
- Annettes Partylite Candles:- free postage and a free gift (07985224476, Annettescandles.partylite.co.uk)
- Complete Kitchen Services:- 10% (07889720127)
- Cooper Electrical Services:- 5% on all services (01270 589879)
- Eliza Maccabe Couture:- Dress making – 10% off alterations, 15% off dressmaking (07934497653)
- Harveys hair Crewe Road:- 5% on all cuts (585096)
- Haslington Bakery:- 5%
- Haslington Bakery Café:- 5%
- Hawk Inn, Crewe Road:- 5% on food
- Parkes Painter and Decorator:- 5% (01270 583038, 07887702752, email@example.com)
- Precious Paws:- dog walking and sitting – 15% (07703296641)
- S.R.W Bespoke Tailoring:- 10% on suits, jackets and trousers (01270 587832, 07891858994)
- Zoo2U:- Exotic Animal Encounters – 5% (07746277375)
Please Note: The businesses above are listed solely on the basis of having requested to be included and of being located in Haslington. Their inclusion is not intended as any form of recommendation or endorsement.
Previous Post “Message to Local Businesses” (7th January 2020)
Good news from the Parish Council. We will be getting the discount scheme cards out to those who want them as soon as we have them. If you have a local business or live in the Parish and want to be involved please contact Councillor Iain Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a hairdressers, pub, the Bakery, the cafe, a roofer, kitchen fitter, dog walking services, patio and driveway and electrical services all onboard, more to come. Many thanks to the businesses showing their support.
Previous Post “Message to Local Businesses” (5th December 2019)
The Parish Council is seeking to implement a Parish wide discount card for the use of all residents. The card will give discount to the services of local businesses. The aim of the card is to allow everyone an opportunity to shop local when they can, and in doing so support local business.
If you own a business based in the Parish or own a business and reside in the Parish, and would like to be involved please contact Councillor Iain Goodwin at email@example.com
Any views are more than welcome.