Responses to the recent Cheshire East ‘Development Strategy’ consultation have revealed a number of additional sites which developers and landowners consider suitable for inclusion in the Local Plan.
The full list of these additional sites with maps and other details is available here:
There are 27 sites on the list but the following four sites are either partially in Haslington Parish, or the Green Gap area between Haslington and Crewe:
- Site A – White Moss Quarry, Alsager/Oakhanger (800 to 1000 homes)
- Site F – Junction of the A534 and Sydney Road, Crewe (140 new homes)
- Site I(ii) – Village B Duchy Sites, Barthomley/Oakhanger (2604 new homes)
- Site K – Pool Meadows Road, Haslington (120 new homes)
Cheshire East have not yet decided whether to include any of these sites in the Local Plan and are giving local people the chance to have their say prior to making this decision.
You are strongly urged to look at the full list of sites as several others lie within the local area. You are also urged to make your views known to Cheshire East Council.
Haslington Parish Council supports the retention of the current green gap between Haslington and Crewe and it is particularly worrying that Site F and Site K lie within this gap. If you agree that the current green gap should be preserved please indicate this as part of the consultation process.
To make your views count go to www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/localplan to complete a comments form through the Consultation Portal. Or alternatively obtain a form and post it (see below).
The consultation period runs from 3rd to 30th May 2013.
If you would like to view printed copies of the documents you can do so at Cheshire East Customer Service Centres, libraries and at Cheshire East Headquarters at Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach; you can also pick up a comment form from your local library and return it to the address below –
You can contact the Spatial Planning Team via:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/localplan
- Telephone: 01270 685893
- Twitter: @placeshaping
- Facebook: CESpatialPlanning
- Linked In: Spatial Planning – Cheshire East Council
- Post: Spatial Planning, Cheshire East Council, Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach, Cheshire CW11 1HZ