The Parish Council has one co-option vacancy and is seeking a community-minded person to become a Councillor to work for the benefit of all residents of Haslington, Winterley and Oakhanger.
Parish Councillors are unpaid, often dedicating between 3 to 15 hours a month to their communities from a desire to see the best outcomes come for their village. Some Councillors are affiliated with a political party, though many of our current Councillors are independent. The Council operates on a politically neutral basis.
If you’re 18 or over, are registered as an elector in Haslington, Winterley or Oakhanger and are eager to make a positive impact in the village, here’s how to learn more about becoming co-opted as a Councillor:-
- Register your interest for the vacancy. You are more than welcome to have an informal chat about what’s involved with the Clerk. Please contact the Clerk by email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.
- Your registered interest needs to be registered by midnight on Sunday 26th June 2022
- Your application will be considered at the Parish Council’s meeting in July 2022 and a decision will be made.
- If successful, you’ll be required to complete some paperwork to formally become a Councillor
- You are then become a Parish Councillor and can start to help make a difference in the community of Haslington, Winterley and Oakhanger