In 1288 the Barony of Wyche Malbank was divided between the co-heirs of the last Baron William, and Haslington land became the property of Auda Vernon of Shipbrooke. One of her ancestors, Sir Ralph Vernon, was called “Ralph The Olde” because he was reputed to have lived for 150 years.
The Vernon family remained prominent land owners in this area for several centuries. According to Ormerod, in the early part of the 17th Century the estate owned then by Sir Thomas Vernon of Haslington included Haslington, Winteley, Cleyhunger, Okehunger and Woodside. Hall o’Heath was also mentioned with a rent paid of 6s 8p also Thomas Malbon of Bradeley paid a rent of 1s.
The Manor of Haslington remained with the Vernon family until the early part of the 18th Century.
Haslington Hall originally occupied a central position in the village and was a moated farmhouse built about 1220. It was occupied until the building of the new Hall in 1545 or possibly later as some of the timbers used in the construction are thought to be from captured Amada ships.
The Old Hall with its moat gradually crumbled away and in 1882 Ormerod described Haslington as a long straggling street composed chiefly of half-timbered farm houses with a moated parallelogram in the centre.
The moat eventually became a mere and was still in existence in the first part of the 20th century, early cars and vehicles stopping to refill their radiators at it. It was eventually filled in and built on in about 1920.
Also close to the centre was the Pinfold where straying cattle could be held and other animals watered on their way to market.